The Orleans County Sheriff's Department strives to provide the highest level of performance for the citizens we serve. While not all encounters will be pleasant due to the nature of law enforcement, we as an agency recognize the need for professional performance by all of our members. As such we want to hear when our employees provide service that a citizen perceives as professional or unprofessional. We are committed to reviewing the actions of all our employees in our effort to continually improve the level of performance of this agency.
Making a complaint or giving a compliment
In order to ensure that you have sufficient avenues to reach us, you can contact us in any of the following ways. In all complaint cases you will be provided with an agency form to fill out. Note that all complaints will be investigated even if you choose not to fill out the form:
- Come to any agency facility and notify on-duty personnel.
- Call any agency facility.
- Call the Emergency Communications Center at 802-334-3333
- Write a letter detailing your complaint/compliment and send it to PO Box 355, Newport, Vt 05855.
- Call the Orleans County Sheriff's Department office between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Notify the Internal Affairs Investigator via the Sheriff by email at [email protected]